LOS ANGELES – 31 July 2018 – Today, the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) published the ICANN62 By the Numbers report, which includes technical, demographic, and attendance statistics. The report summarizes the findings from ICANN's third Policy Forum of the current meeting strategy. The report is part of ICANN's commitment to transparency.
ICANN62 By the Numbers Report highlights include:
- 1,113 checked-in participants, with 303 listing their region as Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 22% of attendees participated for the first time.
- 247 sessions were held for a total of 416 hours.
- 543 attendees logged into the schedule website and mobile platform.
- 10,465 gigabytes of data as network traffic.
- 9% of network traffic was IPv6 (-5% decrease from ICANN61 in San Juan, Puerto Rico).
The goal is to improve on the statistics collected, and to look for trends by comparing meeting data over time. Learning about trends gives the ICANN organization greater insight into how to meet the needs of attendees, and informs the kinds of changes that need to be made.
Click here to download the full ICANN62 by the Numbers Report [PDF, 11.8 MB].
Please send any questions to: email@example.com